In addition to saving money with Building Energy Management Systems, it gives details about your consumption habits, the vitality of buildings and the life cycle inside. So Why Building Energy Management Systems?
I suggest you review our Energy Monitoring article first.Sertac Samioglu
Did you know that the buildings we live in and work in are responsible for 40% of the world’s total energy consumption?
In this context, many companies started energy efficiency work in their facilities. The aim of such projects is to save at least 10% energy and raise awareness of energy efficiency for employees.
Employee, i.e. your participation is important! Because energy conservation requires a whole mobilization.
What is being done with Building Energy Management Systems?
Buildings are monitored with energy monitoring and management infrastructure Energy IoT Platform. Total energy consumption and data collected from each system and sensor within the building such as air conditioning and lighting are analyzed and end-to-end management of the building is provided. I mean, in the building;
- It is instantaneously monitored how much energy important equipment and systems, floors and departments consume.
- Inefficient working air conditioners, light lighting that is forgotten on or off-duty during the lunch time is detected instantly.
- Decision support mechanism is being created for building technical staff to make the right decisions in energy management plans with email and mobile application alarm notifications
- With monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, the building’s energy performance is measured regularly.
Awareness Increases with Building Energy Management Systems!
Energy efficiency mobilization is targeted with building energy management systems!
Because the contributions of those who use the building are a must-have for an all-out efficiency movement.
Even with an awareness of energy efficiency only, it is possible to save up to 5% energy.
Brief Information about Energy Consumption;
- Make sure the lighting and air conditioners are turned off when leaving meeting rooms, sinks and office space! In cases where the work area and meeting rooms are empty, 5-6% over consumption occurs due to unnecessary air conditioning systems and lighting.
- Do not put the computer screen into standby mode when leaving your desk. Close! A computer that remains open during the night produces enough CO2 to fill a double-decker bus in a year.
- Photocopiers that are left in sleep mode during the night waste enough energy to print 1,500 a night!
- Over-operated cooling equipment for an hour consumes enough energy to meet a TELEVISION’s annual energy needs!
- You can provide a more comfortable office environment by keeping the thermostat setting within the temperature ranges specified in the standards. The energy saved by lowering the thermostat setting by 1°C is equal to the energy spent on printing 40 million papers with the printer. The most suitable interior temperatures for the office range from 23-26°C in summer and 20-24°C in winter.
- A glass that is clearly forgotten in winter causes a small car to waste enough energy to travel a distance of 56 km.
- By shutting down the devices in the office at night, you can save as much energy as necessary for a car to travel a distance of 160km.