Why wind power?
Wind energy, one of the most important renewable energy sources; clean, system efficiency is high, quantity is plentiful and free.Contrary to what is known, in wind turbines, the noise level is quite low. Let's look at the advantages and disadvantages so that we can find a better answer to the question of wind energy.
Advantages of wind energy:
- It is an energy that does not pollute the clean environment, has no fuel expense.
- There is no dependency on the external; energy can only be obtained through local facilities.
- Operating costs are the least of other energy sources.
- They are not complex machines; energy can be provided without the need for an operator.
- They do not create emissions and waste heat that will create air pollution, it is the type of energy that causes the least havoc to nature.
- It doesn't take up much space, there's no chance of an explosion, there's no radiation propagation.
- The operation of wind turbines takes as little as 3 months after the start of construction.
- Wind turbines can be manufactured in the desired dimensions and the desired amount of energy can be obtained.
- The employment rate per unit kWh is higher than other energy sources (27% higher than coal plants and 66% higher than natural gas-fired energized)
- There are no other costs that arise suddenly. Therefore, unnecessary tax increases do not burden the citizens.
Disadvantages of wind energy:
- Because we are dependent on wind, there is a seasonal decrease in wind.
- Depends on the amount of wind. Determining wind density requires long processes.
- The initial investment costs of the turbine are high. However, this is gradually decreasing.
- A condition such as rupture of turbine blades during rotation can damage the environment.
- It can affect electromagnetic waves.
(RES) required to install:
In order to compare wind power with other types of energy in terms of plant cost, the plant costs are as follows:
( USD / kW )
- Hydraulic Power Plants: 750 – 1200
- Lignyite Plants: 1600
- Imported Coal Plants: 1450
- Natural Gas Plants: 680
- Nuclear Power Plants: 3500
- Wind Farms: 700 – 1450
RES, which is understood by our country and is open to development on a sectoral basis in this sense, is an environmentally friendly and attractive area as an investment and is moving forward with confident steps towards becoming the energy of the future.
With the improvements in materials engineering, it is on a better path in terms of efficiency and energy production capacity is expanding. With recent incentives, we will be eye-catchingly monitoring the transformation of wind into energy in our country.