Recently, everyone’s interest in the soon-to-follow ‘IBB Big Data Project’ CIO Update Magazine with Erol Özgüner gave an interview about the project.
CIO Update Magazine; IBB Big Data Project Interview with Erol Özgüner
In the April 20 issue of CIO Update Magazine; details of the Big Data Project were revealed in an interview with IBB CIO Erol Özgüner. I brought together the highlights of the interview titled “Our Massive Data Platform and Municipalities and Their Partners Have Become Talking To Each Other!”
Erol bey graduated from YTU Electronic Communication Engineering and started his career in academic field after graduation and then works in Turkcell for 15 years after the transition to private sector in Kocaeli. After founding his own company in the same year, he continues his CIO position at IBB with the last election.
After working in the private and public sector, Erol Özgüner evaluates the municipality as a separate area, different from private and public. In particular, he shares that the municipality, which is more involved in life, is the busiest working environment. With 30 companies and around 87,000 employees, the 24/7 service period is turkey’s largest organization, he said.
At the technology desk where municipal IT management is carried out, there are technology managers of municipal and subsidiary companies. The Data Center contains all affiliates and municipal servers.
IBB Big Data Project, which is about to be implemented during his time in office, said that when evaluated as a platform, all subsidiaries and all affiliates and municipalities plan to serve their products and services in a way that will connect them through API and WEB service. Thus, technologically, companies have become talking to the municipality and the municipality to the companies.
Detailed Development Progress of IBB Big Data Project
Other important developments in the field of technology in the interview;
- Technological products and services as a whole are within the definition of Smart City.
- There is a horizontal data platform serving the Smart City platform. Other platforms studied; IOT, video analytics platforms.
- The current fiber infrastructure in Istanbul is 3,500 km and the projected need is 13,000 km of fiber infrastructure.
- Istanbulkart will become a payment card, not just transportation. It is recently targeted to be used as a mobile wallet with the square code application.
- It is targeted to certificate the certificates issued in İsMEK with blockchain. In addition, the use of blockchain for water and natural gas subscriptions is on the agenda.
- The next agenda is unmanned parking and superapp and all municipal applications to be given to users from one platform with their own unique usage infrastructure.
- Smart meter conversion project is underway with ISKI and IGDAS. The project, which will use about 13 million sensors, will need an important technological infrastructure for simultaneous data transfer.